1: ♀, Australia, Victoria, NE Melbourne, Yarra Ranges NP, Mt. Donna Buang, 1100 m, 21. January 2012, lux; (det. & phot.: Egbert Friedrich)
2: Australia, Victoria, Creswick, 430 m, at light, 14. February 2018 (Studio photo: Wolfgang Hackbusch), det. Egbert FriedrichForum
- Cossus labyrinthicus Donovan, 1805 [Original combination]
- Cossus argenteus Donovan, 1805 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Pielus tasmaniae Walker, 1856 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Pielus swainsoni Scott, 1864 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Pielus diversata Lucas, 1898 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Original description: Donovan, E. (1805): An Epitome of the Natural History of the Insects of New Holland, New Zealand, New Guinea, Otaheite, and other Islands in the Indian, Southern, and Pacific Oceans: Including the Figures and Descriptions of One Hundred and Fifty-Three Species of the more Splendid, Beautiful, and Interesting Insects, Hitherto Discovered in those Countries, and which for the most Part have not Appeared in the Works of any Preceding Author. The Figures are Correctly Delineated from Specimens of the Insects; and with the Descriptions are Arranged According to the Linnæan System, with Reference to the Writings of Fabricius and other Entomologists: I-IV; pl. -; unpaginated text pages. London.