1-2: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, nature park Tidbinbilla, 4. December 2014 (det. & phot.: Wolfgang Hackbusch)Forum
1: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Canberra, Black Mountain Summit, 4. February 2018 (phot.: Wolfgang Hackbusch), det. Michael BrabyForum
- Papilio evagoras Donovan, 1805 [Original combination]
- Jalmenus evagoras Hübner, 1818 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Polyommatus celestis Drapiez, 1819 [synonym according to funet.fi]
- Jalmenus evagoras eubulus Miskin, 1876 [subspecies according to funet.fi]
- Original description: Donovan, E. (1805): An Epitome of the Natural History of the Insects of New Holland, New Zealand, New Guinea, Otaheite, and other Islands in the Indian, Southern, and Pacific Oceans: Including the Figures and Descriptions of One Hundred and Fifty-Three Species of the more Splendid, Beautiful, and Interesting Insects, Hitherto Discovered in those Countries, and which for the most Part have not Appeared in the Works of any Preceding Author. The Figures are Correctly Delineated from Specimens of the Insects; and with the Descriptions are Arranged According to the Linnæan System, with Reference to the Writings of Fabricius and other Entomologists: I-IV; pl. -; unpaginated text pages. London.